Sinclair Sprockets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floor Pickup

5 posters

Go down

Floor Pickup Empty Floor Pickup

Post  Ben_A Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:16 pm

72 Hour build off floor pickup.

Super simple. Looks like team 16.

-Ben

Ben_A

Back to top Go down

Floor Pickup Empty Re: Floor Pickup

Post  Sam Hassall Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:45 pm

Yeah, no matter what you do floor pickup this year is going to be very easy. Just need grippy enough wheels.
Sam Hassall
Sam Hassall

Back to top Go down

Post  sebastianf Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:12 pm

did you get this off a subtopic on chief delphi cause im really interested in seeing any video about aerial assist people post?
sebastianf
sebastianf

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben_A Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:11 pm

This video is from the 72 hour Vex Prob build off. I found the video on the running blog.

There are also examples of what the teams are doing for shooters but not a lot of detail.

- Ben

Ben_A

Back to top Go down

Post  sebastianf Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:28 am

so guys it was thought today how can we get the most pts/sec

it was thought what about having a two sided pickup passoff to quickly get a 3 team pass
so all three robots can meet in the white zone. us being in the middle

robot 1 passes it to us we roll it through our robot by turning our ground pickup similar to what ben posted on each side of the robot (aka without even turning around because we have a 2 sided passoff) to robot 3 who takes it to red zone and shoots 

although it doesnt yield as many points as a truss catch pass it is much faster and we can do many more sets with the ball than other teams

now this doesnt mean giving up points in autonomous because we can still have our thrower under the robot like team 16 or like the robot in 3 day prototypes

id like to add that this design is tank drive oriented because it requires no giggling to the side and stuff and plus we dont want to be touched while our passes are being made making a hit from the side with a tank drive inegligible, in addition we can actually push people now

remember what woodie flowers says: tank is the best because its a tank

**correct me if wrong but this will give us 40pts per round?

eager to hear what you guys think!!!!!!!! Question  Question  Question  Question  Question  Question  Question  Question  Question  Question
sebastianf
sebastianf

Back to top Go down

Floor Pickup Empty 40 ptd enough?

Post  chefjohn Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:01 am

40 pts not enough
chefjohn
chefjohn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Hassall Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:09 am

Mr. MacKinnon I think it's reasonable enough to assume that 1114 and 2056 are going to be going for the 40 point cycles

The chokehold strategy seb and I came up with will, I believe, give a higher points-per-second than a truss throw and catch.

Last edited by Sam Hassall on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Sam Hassall
Sam Hassall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Hassall Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:13 am

I believe this chokehold strategy could allow for a three assist cycle in ~15 seconds or less.

Last edited by Sam Hassall on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Sam Hassall
Sam Hassall

Back to top Go down

Post  sebastianf Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:14 am

i dont think we can make assumptions as to what 1114 does sam because they always end up blowing our minds and were always wrong about what theyll do but 40 points is a very good number i think. catching is the tower climb of last year and it can distract our attention from more potential points that could be earned by being a faster passer i feel
sebastianf
sebastianf

Back to top Go down

Post  kenneth Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:24 am

Passing on the ground is probably the fastest way to get points, unless 2 robots could setup by the truss (ie against the wall/edge of the field) and complete a pass for an additional 20 points in total (10 truss, 10 catch). As for reliable point scoring, I think keeping the ball controlled on the ground would be the way to do it.

edit: should read that 2 robots could setup quickly, less than 10 seconds to match equivalent points from passing on the ground
kenneth
kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  kenneth Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:31 pm

In 2012 there were a number of robots with a flexible over the bumper ball collector, this allowed them to hit walls and other robots without damaging the pickup mechanism. The video below shows 111's (wildstang) mechanism which is supported by thin pieces of flexible plastic.
kenneth
kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum