Sinclair Sprockets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autonomous strategy

3 posters

Go down

Autonomous strategy Empty Autonomous strategy

Post  William Surmak Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm

My idea for autonomous is - we start at the back (side closest to opponents tower) middle part of our pyramid facing the top goal. We will have 2 frisbees pre loaded into our robot, we drive forward under the pyramid collecting the 2 frisbees then continue driving until we are out from under the pyramid. We shoot the 4 frisbees in the top goal giving us a total of 24 points. And, if we have enough time we could then pickup and score the additional 2 frisbees in front of us giving us 30 points. Of course, for this to work our robot will have to be shorter than 30 inches and we would need ground pickup. Looking at the field drawings will help you visualize this.
William Surmak
William Surmak

Back to top Go down

Autonomous strategy Empty Re: Autonomous strategy

Post  Matt Matys Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:37 pm

I quite like that. It's simple and effective!

Only my idea after scoring those four frisbees is that we should make our way to center field (not crossing over to the other side though, of course) so we can make our way to the human player station to pick up frisbees quickly.

Because there will be next to nothing on the field to pick up after autonomous period is over... and someone is going to have to get the frisbees first Razz Let's beat everyone else to it!
Matt Matys
Matt Matys

Back to top Go down

Post  Adnaan Peshimam Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:05 pm

When you put it like that, it does sound tempting, but im gonna try to be critical for the sake of bieng critical i guess Razz

The only problems I can thinkof are about how/where the shooter is located on the robot:
to go ahead with your plan the shooter would have to be mounted on the same side as our pickup (assuming we have ground pickup)
this could potentially make it harder to have an effective system to load frisbees into the shooter
also, it creates the need to turn around to pickup frisbees, then again to go and shoot, and again, and so on...

Of course, there are some possible solutions to this, such as two sided pickup and/or a rotating turret
Then again we come back to the point of having a floor pick up in the first place Neutral
Adnaan Peshimam
Adnaan Peshimam

Back to top Go down

Post  William Surmak Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:24 pm

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "it creates the need to turn around to pickup frisbees, then again to go and shoot, and again, and so on..."
William Surmak
William Surmak

Back to top Go down

Post  Adnaan Peshimam Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:28 pm

well we arent gonna get lucky and have a constant supply of frisbees right in front of us
we're gonna have to move around the field, or even get frisbees from the corners, so well have to turn around to get those frisbees
then we'd have to turn around to face the goal again before we can shoot
lather, rinse, repeat

hope that explains what i meant
Adnaan Peshimam
Adnaan Peshimam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down