Sinclair Sprockets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robot Chassis/Overall Design

2 posters

Go down

Robot Chassis/Overall Design Empty Robot Chassis/Overall Design

Post  kenneth Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:01 pm

From what I can tell and correspondence with Sebastien, Adnaan, and Will, the team is coming along well with prototypes and it's great to see the team continuing to compete.

As for comments on the chassis cad from Ben, I think subsystems including ball pickup, launching, and catching should be decided on before solidifying the chassis dimensions. Without the whole robot in mind, there may be issues with later modifications or cutting things to fit later on. I would recommend that objectives for the robot be clearly laid out and evaluated, then start designing, sketching, cading, making and testing mechanisms, with the final robot in mind. 

Here's a screenshot of the holonomic drive base from Ben if anyone hasn't seen it:

Robot Chassis/Overall Design Holo10
kenneth
kenneth

Back to top Go down

Robot Chassis/Overall Design Empty Re: Robot Chassis/Overall Design

Post  Ben_A Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:01 am

Good comments,

So far all of our prototyping has been centered around a shooting mechanism that would bolt onto any chassis. I believe that the team feels that floor pickup would not be difficult to attach to any frame as well. The team has already decided on a 4 wheel holonomic drive platform design during an all-team meeting and given the dimensions of the robot from the rule book, this is the most straight forward design that I came up with. I also feel that this design although has been put to CAD it has not been finalized. Dimensions can always be adjusted to fit the final shooter design. This is a concept design to allow us to make general decisions.

I am presently uploading a more up-to-date design with some slight modifications because of the gearboxes that were chosen. The Base Plate will likely have to be reinforced to support the weight of the battery but those details will come.

- Ben

Ben_A

Back to top Go down